Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme
- Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme was launched on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October, 2016.
- Under this scheme, an education loan of Rs. 4 lacs is being provided to every 12th pass students, willing to go for higher education who otherwise is deprived due to financial reasons. With the involvement of Bihar State Education Finance Corporation, a guarantee will be provided against the loan to each of these students.
- Under this scheme, loan will be provided to cover livelihood and expenditure to be incurred on their education, cover their tuition fee of the institution (including hostel) and even for rented accommodation in case of non availability of hostel.
- The loan will be available for higher education in general courses like B.A/B.Sc and professional/ technical courses like engineering / medical/ management/ law. Under this scheme, a complete guarantee is being provided on any default including interest levied.
- For financial year 2016-17 a target of 5 lacs students and for financial year 2017-18, a target of 6 lacs students, for year 2018-2019, a target of 50,000 students, for year 2019-2020, target of 75,000 students and for the year 2020-2021, a target of 1,00,000 students has been set to cover under this scheme.
- This scheme will be beneficial for students deprived of higher education due to financial constraints. At the same time it will help improve the gross enrollment ratio in higher education.
Eligibility and Conditions for availing the benefits of the scheme:
- The applicant should be admitted or selected for admission in an institute of Higher Education recognized by the relevant regulatory agency of Bihar or other state/ Central government.
- This loan will cover general courses of higher education and various professional/ technical courses. List of courses are mentioned below, which will get amended time to time by the Education Department to add new courses in it.
- Under this scheme, benefit will be provided to those applicants who are resident of Bihar and have passes 12th or equivalent exam (10th for Polytechnic course) from any institute located in the state and recognized by the Government and also to the applicant of States bordering Bihar namely Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal, who have passed 10th/12th(10th for Polytechnic course).
- In case of applicant staying in hostel, the amount will be made available to the educational institution of the applicant.
- If an applicant has passed and obtained a certain level of degree, then he/she can not apply for a course of the same level. This provision will not be applicable for technical or managerial courses.
- The applicant’s age should not exceed 25 years on the date of application.
- For all those prescribed Post Graduate courses, where the minimum qualification for admission is graduation, the maximum age limit will be 30 years.
Important Documents for the application:
- Aadhar Card of Applicant and Co-applicant.
- Mark sheet and certificate of Matriculation, +2 (10th for Polytechnic syllabus) and last successful examination.
- Certificates related to received scholarship and free education (If applicable).
- Photocopy of the applicant’s bank passbook, in which name of the branch, account number and IFSC code are mentioned.
- Certificate of enrollment in the institute in which the course and its duration is mentioned (or course brochure for the institution located outside Bihar).
- Details of the course fee received from the institution.
- Two passport size photograph of the applicant and co-applicant such as parents/ spouse/ guardian.
- Photo copy of residential certificate or first page of bank passbook in which applicant’s address should be clearly mentioned or any residential proof such as electricity bill or telephone bill or passport or driving license or voter id card.
Process of application for availing the benefit for Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme :
- Click on the website https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/addFtrUserPage
- First of all, the desired information will be recorded through web portal/ Mobile app. After submitting it, One Time Password(OTP) will be received on applicant’s mobile number and e-mail id.
- After entering this OTP on web portal, applicant will get personal description contact form. After submitting the required information in it, a web page will be opened. An online application form of Bihar Student credit card scheme will be selected, in which applicant will enter the desired information.
- After submitting the online application form, unique registration number will be sent to the applicant on provided mobile number and e-mail id through message or E-mail.
- None of the documents should be attached with the online application. After submitting the application form, a PDF copy of the application form will be generated, which will also mention the required documents when visiting the counter at DRCC.
- The information regarding the time and date for coming to DRCC will be sent to the applicant through sms and email. Although the applicant can submit hard copy of the application form to the District Registration and Counseling Center as per his/her convenience.
- On the prescribed date, applicant will submit his application form with required information in it and desired documents for education loan to the DRCC of his district.
- After self-signing on the PDF copy of the application, applicant will come to DRCC on the prescribed date along with application form with passport size photographs of applicant and co-applicant in it and self attested photocopy of the desired documents.
- The applicant will be given a token number at the entrance of the District Registration and Counseling Center, on the basis of which the applicant will enter the center. Applicant will wait in the waiting hall for his turn. The Token number provided to the applicant will be displayed on the electronic display board.
- When the applicant’s number is flashed on the display board he/she should go to the prescribed counter with all original documents, self attested photocopy of all documents, self signed PDF copy of the application form, where the applicant’s identity will be certified.
- The original certificates will be returned to the applicant after scanning and the photocopy of self attested application and other documents will be deposited to the counter.
- After the certification of the documents, applicant will receive a receipt from the counter.
- Any kind of correction and amendment in the application form will be done by the Multi Purpose Assistant (MPA) on the spot.