The State Government has successfully implemented schemes for the development in the field of Education, Health, Welfare and Development of Backward and Deprived Classes. Taking these programs forward and based on the learning from the past, programs have been designed based on ‘Development With Justice’ for the next five years. The Government of Bihar has constituted The Bihar Vikas Mission registered under the provisions of Societies Registration Act, 1860 to ensure the implementation in mission mode, fixation of priorities, monitoring of achievements against the targets of programmes and other resolutions of seven resolves for developed Bihar within the programmes of Good Governance 2015-2020, Agriculture Road Map, Mission Manav Vikas, Infrastructure Development and Industrial incentives.
The priority of the State Government is not limited to providing basic amenities, like drinking water, toilets and electricity to its citizens but to also expand the network of basic infrastructure such as roads, bridges, footpath-drainage system etc. The Government is committed to empower the youth and women and make the higher, occupational and technical education accessible to them. All these points have been combined to create the frame work of 7 Nishchay.
Following are the 7 nishchay for a developed Bihar under the programme of Good Governance 2015-2020 in mission mode :
- Aarthik Hal, Yuvaon Ko Bal
- Aarakshit Rozgar Mahilaon Ka Adhikar
- Har Ghar Bijli
- Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal
- Ghar Tak Pakki Gali-Naaliyan
- Shauchalay Nirmaan, Ghar Ka Samman
- Awsar Badhe, Aage Padhein
- Nishchay “Aarthik Hal, Yuvaon Ko Bal”: The State Govt. has implemented in special schemes/ programs/ policies to enable the youth of Bihar become self-reliant by improving their competency through creating opportunities for education and skill development and better employability. These schemes include :
- Bihar Student Credit Scheme : Under this scheme, an education loan of Rs. 4 lakh is being provided to every 12th pass students, willing to go for higher education who otherwise is deprived due to financial reasons. With the involvement of Bihar State Education Finance Corportation, a guarantee is being provided against the loan to each of these students.
- Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayta Bhatta Yojana : Under this scheme, unemployed youth between the age of 20-25 years who in search of employment, is being provided Rs.1000 per month for a maximum period of two years. All the youths availing self help allowancwes have to mandatory enroll for training in language (Hindi/ English) and communication skills, basic computer knowledge and soft skills.
- Kushal Yuva Program : Under this program, youth between the age of 15-28 who have cleared the class 10th exam or equivalent, receives basic training in language (Hindi & English) and Communication skills, Basic Computer Skills and soft skills. The total training is of 240 hours, with 80 hours of language (Hindi & English) and communication skills, 120 hours of basic computer skills and 40 hours of soft skills. This scheme is being implemented by Labour Department.
- Bihar Start Up Policy, 2016 : Bihar Industrial Investment Policy, 2016 was launched on 1st September, 2016 envisaging speedily industrial development. Following priority areas have been identified under this policy : Food processing, Tourism, Small Machine Production, Information Technology, Electricals& Electronics Hardware, Plastic and Rubber, Leather, Health Services, Renewable energy, Textile and Technical education. Several incentives have been provided in the Bihar Industrial investment Policy, 2016. Bihar Industrial Investment Promotion Act, 2016 has been promulgated to simplify the process of industrial investing in the state. Under this Act, now the industrial unit can apply online through a common application form and the state Investment Promotion Council will have to give its approval within 30 days of receipt of the application.
- Free Wi-Fi facility in all universities and colleges : Under current environment it is essential to provide educated youth with internet connectivity in order to connect the youth of the state to e-Governance. This will spread awareness about the events, the changing scenario and development taking place at the national and international level. The motive of this scheme is to provide free internet facility to all universities and colleges in the state.
- Nishchay “Aarakshit Rozgar, Mahilaon Ka Adhikar” : Under this scheme, to take forward the women empowerment, 35% of reservation is being provided to women in all government jobs of the State.
- Nishchay “Har Ghar Bijli”: The purpose of this Nishchay is to ensure the availability of electricity in every rural and urban household in the State Bihar. To achieve this goal, Mukhyamantri Vidyut Sambandh Nishchay Yojana is being implemented in the State under which Government ensures metered electric connection to all households in rural areas.
- Nishchay “Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal” : This Nishchay aims to provide clean drining water to every citizen of Bihar without any discrimination. This Nishchay is an unflinching endeavor to provide clean drinking water in the homes of approximately 2 crore households in the State through concerted co-operation of the people of every village and locality in Bihar.
To fulfill the target of the Nishchay, the following schemes are being implemented by the State Government:
- Mukhyamantri Gramin Peyjal Nishchay Yojana : The mandate of this scheme is to provide potable (safe drinking) water facilities in 58,612 rural wards of 4291 Gram Panchayats out of a total 1,14,691 rural wards in 8386 Gram Panchayats in the State.
- Mukhyamantri Gramin Peyjal (Gunvatta Prabhavit Kshetra) Nishchay Yojana: The scheme is being implemented in those Gram Panchayats where water is completely affected by Iron, Flouride and Arsenic. The motive of this scheme is to provide potable (safe & drinking) water facilities in 3814 flouride affected rural wards, 5085 arsenic affected rural wards and 21,598 iron affected rural wards of the State.
- Mukhyamantri Gramin Peyjal (Gair Gunvatta Prabhavit Kshetra) Nishchay Yojana : This scheme is being implemented in the wards of quality affected panchayats where the water quality is not affected. The work of providing pure drinking water is being done in 25,582 non quality affected wards of the State.
- Mukhyamantri Shahri Peyjal Nishchay Yojana : The motive of the scheme is to provide potable (safe drinking) water facilities in 15,71,643 households in 3381 urban wards of 143 urban local bodies of the State.
- Nishchay “Ghar Tak Pakki Gali-Naliyaan : After the implementation of the Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojana, left out habitations having no link, is being linked with pucca road, drainage and by-lanes are being provided in all villages and towns under this Nishchay.
Three schemes are being implemented by the State Government to fulfill the motive of this Nishchay.
- Gramin Tola Sampark Nishchay Yojana : All weather single connectivity to the habitations of 250 or more population in 11 district and habitations of 500 or more population in all districts is being provided under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, while Mukhyamantri Gram Sampark Yojana covers all the habitations of more than 250 but less than 500 population in all the districts. Under this scheme, 13786 habitation have been earmarked to which connectivity is being provided.
- Mukhyamantri Gramin Gali-Naali Nishchay Yojana : The madate of this scheme is to provide all weather connectivity and drainage facilities in all 1,14,691 rural wards of 8,386 Gram Panchayats in the state.
- Mukhyamantri Shahri Naali Gali Nishchay Yojana : The aim of this scheme is to To provide all weather connectivity and drainage facilities in all 3386 urban wards of 143 Urban Local Bodies in the state.
- Nishchay Shauchalay Nirmaan, Ghar Ka Samman : Under this Nishchay, provision of toilet in every house is made to make Bihar, free of open defacation, healthy and clean, without any discrimination to all house holds of the State. An approximate 1.68 crore toilet less families are being targeted to ensure to have toilet facilities in the coming years. This nishchay is being executed in urban areas by Urban Development and Housing Department and in rural areas by Rural Development Department.
- Nishchay “Awsar Badhe,Aage Padhein” : The Government has launched the Nishchay “Awsar Badhe Aage Padhe” with the objective of facilitating the contribution of youth towards economic and social betterment, through development of higher education and strengthening the supply side of skilled workers in the state. The State Government aims to provide better opportunities of technical and professional skill based education in the State. In order to achieve the objectives of this Nishchay integrated institutions of Management and Technical education is being established at the District and Sub-Division level. Under this Nishchay the following institutions are sought to be established:-
- One GNM School in every district.
- One Para Medical institute in every district.
- One Polytechnic institute in every district.
- One Women industrial training institute in every district.
- One Engineering College in every district.
- One Nursing college in all medical college in every district.
- One ANM school in every sub-division.
- One Government Industrial training institute in every sub-division.
- Five more new Medical Colleges in the state.
Under Bihar Vikas Mission, 7 Sub-Mission are implemented for the monitoring of the schemes of the 7 Nishchay. These Sub-Missions are :
- Youth Sub-Mission
- Drinking Water, Sanitation, Rural and Urban Development Sub-Mission.
- Human Development Sub-Mission
- Agriculture Sub-Mission
- Industry and Business Sub-Mission’
- Infrastructure Sub-Mission
- Lok Samvad and Brand Bihar Sub-Mission
Seven Nischay have been designed in such a way that the schemes formulated under them reach across every class of the society equally without any bias or prejudice.